Exciting opportunity to join Upper North Farming Systems
Upper North Farming Systems is a volunteer led incorporated body delivering industry and government funded research, development, and extension projects in the Upper North Agricultural Zone of South Australia.
With a small team of staff and an engaged group of volunteers, project partners and consultants, UNFS is delivering innovative projects resulting in positive change in the livestock and cropping enterprises and farming families across the region.
UNFS is recognised as a leading grower group in the state and southern farming regions of Australia.
Upper North Farming Systems (UNFS) is seeking a Business Manager to contribute a vital role for this farmer-led organisation. This new role is a consolidation of roles within UNFS to improve delivery, providing a unique opportunity to make the role your own.
Primary Function of the role
- Ensure UNFS is meeting all corporate governance and finance responsibilities including support to the Board.
- Support delivery, communication and reporting for research, development and extension projects.
- Engage with UNFS members, stakeholders and the community of the upper north region through regular communications across multiple platforms and formats.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience in financial and business management including bookkeeping, financial reporting and record keeping.
- An efficient, friendly, and organised approach to working with staff and volunteer committee members.
- Skills and attitude to facilitate an effective Strategic Board and Operations Committee to ensure the long-term future of the organisation.