About Ag Excellence Alliance
Ag Ex was established in 2005 to provide LEADERSHIP, encourage COLLABORATION and INDEPENDENCE in SUPPORT to the farming sector. The COLLECTIVE power of groups is a strong force in influencing and driving positive change in the agricultural sector. Ag Ex is a not-for-profit organisation, existing solely for the benefit of broadacre agriculture.
Ag Ex provides communication services and manages a range of projects that contribute to the profitability and sustainability of farm businesses across southern Australia. Projects are supported by a diversity of funders and are delivered in collaboration with grower groups and other industry partners.
David Evans, GrainGrowers Ltd; Kerry Stockman, [Ag Ex Admin Mgr]; Mark Stanley, Regional Connections [Ag Ex Exec Officer]; Emma McInerney, [Reg Ag Landcare Facilitator]; Leet Wilksch, Agbyte [Ag Ex Chair]; Tony Randall, Murraylands & Riverland Landscape Board; Brett Bartel, Primary Industries & Regions SA; Natalie Sommerville, Windjara Ag [Ag Ex Vice Chair]
'Thriving grower groups and industry networks driving profitable farming businesses across southern Australia through effective development, extension and adoption'
- provide a central communication and events platform
- identify and facilitate delivery of industry training needs
- expand the influence of Ag Ex
- facilitate forums that link groups and industry networks
- pursue collaborative project development and delivery
- a better understanding of the diversity of groups
- develop value propositions to take to potential funders
- advocate for the role played by grower groups to industry and government
- match market opportunities to new and innovative funding models
- work with key networks to build on previous successes
- provide leadership in extension and adoption practices
Ag Ex works with, provides value to and influences a range of partners, including:
Broadacre farmers benefit indirectly through the groups and networks that Ag Ex supports. Ag Ex aims to engage more effectively with growers by:
- improved engagement with group leaders
- endorsing the value of grower groups to key stakeholders
- providing linkages between grower networks
Ag Ex provides a central portal for grower groups to network, develop and be part of multi-regional and state projects.
It provides leadership for groups to ensure they are recognised and valued by key stakeholders. Other services that Ag Ex provide include:
- project coordination and management services
- collation of grower feedback for government and industry to develop funding priorities
- professional development opportunities
Ag Ex has trusted relationships with a range of funders based on its proven ability to deliver projects on time, specification and budget. It is able to represent regionally based organisations in negotiating larger multi-regional and state projects.
Ag Ex endeavours to develop effective and trusting relationships with a range of industry RD&E providers and funders including: private consultants; Australian & State Governments; Natural Resource Management; Primary Producers SA, Grain Producers SA & Livestock SA; Australian Pacific Extension Network; Universities; and SARDI.
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: The Committee is determined to conduct the affairs of the Organisation in an ethical, fair and transparent manner and in accordance with good corporate governance standards.
The Committee has adopted a number of corporate governance policies which form the basis of a system of control and accountability and is committed to fostering a culture of compliance that values corporate and personal integrity, accountability and continuous improvement.
The Committee welcomes any feedback from Members. If you have any concerns regarding the manner in which the business and the affairs of the Organisation are being conducted please feel free to raise those concerns with the Chair.