Agrifutures Australia is offering fully sponsored placements to participate in the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course
AgriFutures Australia is committed to supporting the people who are driving, and will drive, the future prosperity of Australian rural industries and communities.
AgriFutures Australia currently has an opportunity for stakeholders to participate in the Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors Course™ Online.
About the Company Directors Course
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is Australia’s leading provider of governance education and development programs, governance assessment services and Board advisory services.
AgriFutures Australia is offering individuals from the following groups the opportunity to participate in the Company Directors CourseTM Online, the world’s most established director program:
- 16 x fully sponsored positions for individuals working in an AgriFutures Australia Levied Industry (chicken meat, export fodder, thoroughbred horses, honeybee and pollination, rice, ginger, tea tree oil, pasture seeds, kangaroo, buffalo, deer, goat fibre)
- 16 x fully sponsored positions for individuals working in an emerging industry (industrial hemp, insects, seaweed, sesame)
- 6 x fully sponsored positions for agrifood innovation professionals (e.g. startups, scaleups, agtech companies, Producer Technology Uptake Program participants and coordinators, innovation brokers)
- 2 x fully sponsored positions for members of the AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Alumni
The Company Directors CourseTM Online is designed to ensure that participants not only understand their roles and responsibilities, but also improve their contributions to Board performance.
The 19-week course, which includes pre and post-course work, provides current and relevant information and case references; and aims to be informative, thought-provoking and practical. Upon completion, it is trusted that participants’ confidence will be enhanced to face the challenges and reap the rewards of directorship, both in the short-term and as their director career progresses.
Who should apply?
The Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors CourseTM Online is designed for experienced directors, new directors, business owners and senior executives reporting to boards. It is best suited to participants who are comfortable with online learning and are keen to build connections with their fellow online learners.
- The course fees are fully sponsored by AgriFutures
- Applicants are required to respond to a number of selection criteria and provide evidence of their engagement in one of AgriFutures Australia’s Levied Industries.
- The program will be delivered online.
- All applicants must be available to attend all five days of virtual classrooms online weeks. These dates are not flexible. The position is not transferable.
- AgriFutures Australia stakeholders are encouraged to apply with applications to be assessed and selected by AgriFutures Australia staff.
- Participants are required to complete the course assessment and provide a copy of their Company Directors Course award to AgriFutures Australia as confirmation of completion.
- Applications open on Monday, 20 March 2023
- Applications close Friday, 14 April 2023
- Applicants notified by: Friday, 28 April 2023
- Company Directors Course commences: Monday, 15 May 2023