Preparing your livestock enterprise for dry times
8 June 2023 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join the SA Drought Hub for a valuable morning of networking and knowledge at the Kimba Gateway Hotel, followed by lunch on us.
Dr Hannah Griffiths is bringing together a team of experts to discuss the hub’s projects on Filling Feed Gaps, Improving the climate resilience of the Australian sheep industry, and PODS (Pasture Optimisation for Drought Solutions).
Dr Penny Schulz will present an overview of the new online climate tools and Dr Jodie Reseigh from the SA Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) will update attendees on the Red Meat and Wool Growth Program and Sheep Connect.
Learn more about these projects and how they can help you make your business more resilient to drought.
Join us at 8.30am for tea and coffee.
Presentations run from 9am – 12pm:
- Heat stress in sheep – Dr Hannah Griffiths, SA Drought Hub
- Pasture Optimisation for Drought Solutions – David Peck, South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
- Filling Feed Gaps – Tim Prance, T Prance Rural Consulting
- Using online climate tools DR.SAT and Climate Services for Agriculture (CSA) – Dr Penny Schulz, SA Drought Hub
- Red Meat and Wool Growth Program and Sheep Connect updates – Dr Jodie Reseigh, PIRSA
- Q&A on future directions for drought resilience research – Penny and Hannah
- Lunch is provided with drinks available for purchase (registrations essential).
The hub is hosting this event as part of the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund Science to Practice Forum.
This program received funding from the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund.