Building drought-resilient horticulture and viticulture businesses
June 7 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join the SA Drought Hub for an enjoyable afternoon of networking and knowledge at the Barmera Club, followed by dinner on us.
With a focus on horticulture and viticulture, Peter Hayman (South Australian Research Development Institute) and John Gladigau (ifarmwell) and will discuss how farms and communities can prepare for dry conditions and build their business and personal resilience to drought.
- Introduction – Tony Randall, SA Drought Hub (10 minutes)
- Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board project update – Michael Cutting, Team Leader – Land and Water Management, Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board (10 minutes)
- Climate information for risky decisions: what does El Nino mean for the Riverland – Peter Hayman, SARDI Climate Services (50 minutes including Q&A)
- Keeping on top of things: Resilience is also about wellbeing – John Gladigau, ifarmwell (50 minutes including Q&A)
- Dinner is provided with drinks available for purchase.
The hub is hosting this event as part of the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund Science to Practice Forum.
This program received funding from the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund.