NRM Agricultural Knowledge Small Grants – Applications Open Now
NRM Agricultural Knowledge Small Grants
When can I apply?
The 2020-21 grant program will receive applications from 1 May 2020 and closes for applications 15 June 2020 ACST.
Who can apply?
The Agricultural Knowledge Small Grant is available to the following existing groups:
- agriculture bureaus
- farming system groups
- field day committees
- Landcare and Local Action Planning groups
- consultant facilitated farmer groups
- non-government and not for profit organisations working to improve agriculture and native vegetation management.
Groups must be pre-existing and can be formal or non-formal. State and federal government agencies are ineligible to apply.
Please note: All outstanding reports from previous funding rounds must be completed to be eligible, unless your group has received an exemption due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What can be applied for?
The grant application can be used to apply for workshops or events which focus on the following land management/farming issues:
- managing soil acidification
- reducing the risk of soil and nutrient loss from wind erosion
- opportunities for increasing soil organic carbon
- reducing the risk of soil and nutrient loss from hillslope (water) erosion.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- are agricultural land focused and facilitate improved management of natural resources
- display a clear ability to build knowledge and skills of the group
- are driven from an existing formal or informal agricultural, horticultural, farmer or Landcare group
- demonstrate primary producer engagement and participation
- can be realistically completed within the project timeframes and within budget
- offer good value for money.
Please refer to the grant guidelines in the related links below for full details.
How much can be applied for?
A maximum of $3,000 (GST Exc.) is available per group applying.
When do projects need to be completed by?
Projects must be completed, all funding acquitted, and project reports completed and submitted on or before Friday 28th May 2021. Due to external project funding requirements, there can be no opportunities for project extensions
How to apply?
The grant guidelines and application form are attached below in related links below for your reference.
Need assistance or more information?
- Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator
0408 416 684