Extension and adoption of drought resilience farming practices grants program is open now
The Australian Government is inviting organisations, in an open competitive process, to apply to receive support under the Extension and Adoption of Drought Resilience Farming Practices Grants Program (the program) from 11 November 2022 to 9 January 2023.
The program was announced as part of the Future Drought Fund, with at least $14.3 million available to applicants operating in Australia.
The objective of the program is to fund activities that support adoption of proven and existing Australian and/or internationally generated research and development (R&D) practices and technology that:
- reduce the impacts of drought on agricultural productivity and/or enable a quicker recovery of farmers and their lands from drought
- have potential to be adopted at a large scale (either across multiple farms, a farming system, landscapes, regions or industries)
- can demonstrate public benefits.
Under the program, eligible applicants can apply for grants of between $100,000 and $3 million (GST exclusive) per application for projects up to 24 months. Successful projects must be carried out between June 2023 and June 2025. Applicants will be required to contribute funding (co-contribution/s) to the delivery of the project.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Unincorporated Association.
To be eligible you must also:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an account with an Australian financial institution.
Grant Activity Timeframe
Assessment of applications - within 8 weeks from the closing date
Approval of outcomes of selection process - within 12 weeks from the closing date
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - within 20 weeks from the closing date
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - within 20 weeks from the closing date
Earliest start date of grant activity - June 2023
Latest end date of grant activity - June 2025
Instructions for Application Submission
To apply, the applicant must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on 9 January 2023.