SARDI Root Health Workshop
August 9 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Growers and advisors are invited to this SAGIT funded workshop to investigate the impacts of soil-borne root diseases on plant health.
THE WORKSHOP WILL:
- Explore the main soil-borne root diseases in your region, providing an insight into symptoms and management.
- Include an interactive session where you get to score the root health of your own cereal and pulse crops.
- Review PREDICTA rNod, a new soil testing service to measure levels of rhizobia that nodulate pulses.
- Provide opportunity for discussions with SARDI pathologists.
- Include an update on regional pulse and foliar diseases, and include a trial site walk to see the Phoma research.
- Demonstrate how PREDICTA®B can be used to make better informed variety, rotation and paddock management decisions.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- All participants are required to bring along cereal or pulse plants.
- We will post you sample bags with further instructions.
- Plants can be assessed by PREDICTA®B at participants expense to confirm diagnosis.
- Results will be sent to the owners within 4 weeks post workshop and will be followed up with an online consult.
- Includes resource material (back-pocket guide)